Happy Christmas everyone!! Yep, it’s too early isn’t it? Oh well here are December’s games – there’s plenty on offer here, so keep these in mind when you need some quiet time after your 12th sausage on Boxing Day.
- QUBE 2 (Xbox One, December 1-31)- a first-person puzzler, with lots of colours. Think along the lines of Portal. It is not quite as good but then the benchmark is high. QUBE 2 is excellent.
- Never Alone (Xbox One, December 16-January 15) – a 2D adventure about a young girl and her fox. A delightful story experience.
- Race the Sun (Xbox One, November 16-December 15) – an endless racer, Race the Sun is stylistic but simple. Our PC review is over here.
- Dragon Age II (Xbox One & Xbox 360, December 1-15) – monstrous RPG set in the Dragon Age universe.
- Mercenaries: Playground of Destruction (Xbox One & Xbox 360, December 16-31) – open world third person destruction. One of those games that succumbed to the pressure of its own hype, but still some fun to be had here.
- Soma (PS4) – first-person scares in this survival horror game. It’s been on my radar for a while so looking forward to trying it but in reality I’ll probably only play a few minutes as I’ll be too scared.
- Onrush (PS4) – brilliant race ‘em up reviewed here. High speed action, great music, criminally undersold but at least there’s an injection into the player base now.
- Steredenn (PS3) – pixelated, chaotic space shooter.
- Steinsgate (PS3) – a visual novel in the series which follows students as the discover technology which allows them to change the past.
- Iconoclasts (PS Vita, Cross Buy with PS4) – an action platformer which is wildly lauded as ‘brilliant’.
- Papers, Please (PS Vita) – I love Papers, Please. You play an immigration officer on the boarder between Eastern European countries and must ensure people have the appropriate paperwork to enter. Not as easy as it sounds, and way more fun than it sounds.
Leave a Reply