Want to know what’s gone on today at GamesCom but can’t be arsed to fight through all of the millions of stories dotted around? Fear not, we’ve got all of the main stuff below, all bullet pointed for your speedy viewing pleasure!
- Minecraft is heading for the PS3, PS4 and Vita. Not sure when though.
- The PS4 will be released in the US on November 15th, and two weeks later in Europe.
- The Vita is getting a price cut tomorrow, down to $199.
- Football Manager 14 will be out on the Vita, with cross-platform saves with the PC. Many marriages expected to end as a result.
- Twitch.tv will let PS4 gamers stream directly from the console for no extra cost.
- Shadow of the Beast (an 80s Amiga classic) is coming to the PS4.
- Gran Turismo 6 will be out on December 6th. Apparently.
- Virgin Media are teaming up with Sony to bring broadband packages to gamers with guaranteed dedicated bandwidth.
- FIFA14 will be included free in any Xbox One pre-orders
- Speaking of which, the One gets an exclusive set of Legend players to use in Ultimate Team.
- Ubisoft have announced a Kinect 2 fighting game. Make sure your house and contents insurance is up to date.
- COD: Ghosts will get dedicated multiplayer servers, making online play more reliable and smoooooth.
- Microsoft want the One to be a more social experience. Great.
- They also want smaller Indie developers to get on board by offering a more attractive development package.
- Fable Legends, a 4 player co-op title, was announced and apparently looks rather good.
- Meanwhile, EA announced Peggle 2. Rock ‘n’ roll.
- Battlefield 4 should be, according to EA, the finest shooter ever, with every game totally unique.
- FIFA14 is being ramped up, with over 100(!) cameras available for replays and an improved atmosphere.
- TitanFall looks the dog’s danglies. It’s a shooty game.
- Sims4 will be almost life-like. Hugely complex techniques will mean your little dudes act like real people. Eek.
- FIFA will be free on mobile platforms next year.
That pretty much sums it all up – stay tuned for more GamesCom stuff over the next couple of days!
Leave a Reply