Here at The Gaming Review we know that you gamers can be far too busy to go searching the depths of the internet for the latest in gaming news, so weâ€™ve compiled what we think are the most important stories from over the last seven days:
- Nintendo has claimed that their business decisions are completely unaffected by petitions and fan campaigns, saying that â€œwe’re certainly aware of it, but it doesn’t necessarily affect what we doâ€.
- Stocks in EA have fallen more than 5% as problems with Battlefield 4 continue to grow. Battlefield developer DICE have said they will not move onto further projects until the issues are fixed.
- EA have stated that their games will continue to be sold via physical discs for the foreseeable future, after revealing that digital sales are languishing.
- Sony’s Playstation 4 is the fastest selling console ever to hit UK shelves, with Sony selling 250,000 units in 48 hours.
- Tech giants Nvidia has said that the PC is the superior gaming choice, over the Playstation 4 and Xbox One.
- Steam reached a landmark 7 million users this past week, a new record for Valve‘s game distribution service.
- Telltale have revealed a screenshot for The Walking Dead: Season 2, which features a friendly face in the form of Omid, and a familiar location from the 400 Days DLC, Gil’s Pitstop.
- Namco Bandai will release Ridge Racer Slipstream on mobile devices later this month, to commemorate the 20th anniversary of the franchise.
- Blizzard has extended their Black Friday deals until January 1st 2014, allowing gamers to pick up World of Warcraft and Starcraft II, along with expansions and special editions, at discounted prices.
- Yager, developer behind Spec Ops: The Line, is working on a free to play military action game.
- The Freedom Cry DLC for Assassins Creed IV: Black Flag will be available from December 17th. No price has been announced yet, but the DLC is free for those who’ve purchased the season pass.
The Humble Bundle this week features:
- Natural Selection 2
- Sanctum 2
- Magicka + DLC
Pay more than the average of $4.15 (currently) and receive:
- Orcs Must Die 2: Complete Pack
- Garry’s Mod
- Serious Sam 3: BFE
Finally, the top games released this week:
- Gran Turismo 6 (PS3)
- Assassins Creed Pirates (iOS, Android)
- Star Wars: The Old Republic â€“ Galactic Starfighter (PC)