We here at The Gaming Review know that people are far too busy to go searching through all the latest news stories, so to make things easy, weâ€™ve compiled what we think are the most important news stories over the past 7 days:
- Microsoft’s Xbox One has sold 2 million consoles globally in 18 days, and has been the most successful console ever to launch in Austrailia with nearly 66,000 consoles being sold in the first 3 days.
- Telltale, creators of The Walking Dead and The Wolf Among Us, have confirmed that they are working on a Game of Thrones themed game.
- Telltale have also announced that they are making Tales from the Borderlands, an episodic series based in the Borderlands world but with typical Telltale gameplay. Release will be sometime in 2014.
- Bungie has confirmed that Destiny will be released on September 9th 2014.
- Rayman Legends will be available on PS4 and Xbox One from February 28th 2014, according to Ubisoft.
- Release dates for The Elder Scrolls Online have been announced, with the PC version coming out first on April 4th 2014, and the PS4 and Xbox One versions hitting shelves in June 2014.
- Blizzard has launched an in-game store into World of Warcraft, allowing players to purchase mounts and pets using real money directly.
- Konami has announced that Metal Gear Solid: Ground Zeroes will launch in North America on March 18th 2014, and in Europe on March 20th. It will be available in stores for Â£29.99, or Â£19.99 via download, while digital versions on PS4 and Xbox One are Â£29.99. The American variant is cheaper, at just $19.99 and $29.99 for PS4 and Xbox One versions.
- Gran Turismo 6‘s UK launch sales are considerable worse than that of Gran Turismo 5, with GT6’s predecessor doing almost 5 times better.
- Rockstar have released a free update for GTA Online, which allows players to create their own deathmatches and race events.
- Monster Madness Online, a free-to-play action RPG shooter, has been announced, and will be available in May 2014 for cross-platform play between PC, Mac, Android, Linux and iOS.
- Turn 10 will release an update for Forza 5 which adds Drag Racing and Tag multiplayer modes, as well as reducing the prices of on-disc cars by 45% to make them more accessible.
- Namco Bandai has announced that Tales of Zestiria will be coming to Europe and North America, on Playstation 3.
The Humble Bundle has added 3 more games to the list, pay over the average to unlock:
- Sanctum: Collection
- Orcs Must Die! GOTY
- Cities in Motion 2
The Humble Weekly Sale this week features:
Pay over $1 and receive:
- Zeno Clash
- Zeno Clash 2
- Killing Floor
Pay over $6 to receive:
- Rock of Ages
- Rising Storm
Finally, the top games released this week:
- Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas (iOS)
- The Room 2 (iOS)
- The Novelist (PC, Mac)
- Stick it to the Mac (PC)