We know that the festive period is a busy one, and sometimes you gamers just donâ€™t have the time to search around for all the latest in gaming news. So here at The Gaming Review, weâ€™ve compiled a list of what we think were the biggest news stories over the past week:
- Sony will be dropping the online features in several of its PS3 games. Gran Turismo 5 will have online features disabled on May 20th 2014, all three games in the Resistance series will no longer be playable online from March 28th 2014, and MAG, SOCOM 4 and SOCOM: Confrontation will go offline from January 28th 2014.
- Minecraft creator Markus â€˜Notchâ€™ Persson has said that there isnâ€™t any current plan to port Minecraft over to Wii U, despite the hit game recently being released for PS3.
- The Pokemon Bank and Poke Transporter app have been delayed due to the problems that Nintendo have had with their online network services and eShop over the holiday period.
- Nintendoâ€™s eShop will also be going offline later today (December 27th) for a period of 12 hours, while Nintendo try to fix their recent connection issues.
- A new multiplayer mode has been added to Call of Duty: Ghosts, called â€˜Heavy Dutyâ€™, which is a free update on all consoles except for Wii U.
- Sony has announced that several games in January will be free for Playstation Plus subscribers, such as Bioshock Infinite, DMC: Devil May Cry and Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons for PS3. Donâ€™t Starve will also be available for free on PS4.
- Nintendo has revealed that Zelda, princess of Hyrule, will be the 20th playable character in Super Smash Bros. for Wii U and 3DS.
- Michael Thomasson has set the Guinness World Record for the largest video game collection, owning 10,607 games, as well as dozens of consoles and systems to play them on. Thomasson estimates the collection is worth between $700,000 and $800,000.
- Warner Bros. has teased that there will be a special announcement on the 31st December regarding the Batman: Arkham franchise.
- Travellerâ€™s Tales have announced the Asgard Character Pack for LEGO Marvel Super Heroes, available on Xbox Live, PS Store and PC for $1.99.
- A Bioware employee has revealed the upcoming Mass Effect game will be fresh, but familiar.
Finally, the top games released this week:
- Halo: Spartan Assault (Xbox One)
- Max: The Curse of Brotherhood (Xbox One)