Here at The Gaming Review we know that not everyone has the time to search for all the latest gaming news, so we’ve put together the most important stories from over the last 7 days in a quick and easy-to-read bullet point format for you busy gamers-on-the-go:
- Valve has announced they’ve made some changes to the Steam controller, dropping the touch screen pad and adding ABXY and D-Pad style buttons.
- Valve has also announced that in the past 3 months their Steam user-base has grown by 15%, with 75 million users now using the PC game sales service.
- Additionally, Valve has revealed plans to introduce 12 new currencies onto Steam for the new year, with the respective currencies from Australia, Canada, Indonesia, Japan, Malaysia, Mexico, New Zealand, Norway, The Philippines, Singapore, Thailand and Ukraine being supported.
- Microsoft executive, Phil Spencer, has said that the Xbox One wont be the companies last console, amidst concerns over cloud gaming taking priority.
- Horror title Outlast will be free on Playstation Plus when it debuts on the Playstation 4 in February.
- Battlefield 4 developer DICE has delivered patches for the bug-ridden first-person shooter on PC, PS3, PS4 and Xbox One. Some gamers, however, continue to suffer from issues despite the patches.
- Infinity Ward has confirmed that Onslaught, the next DLC for Call of Duty: Ghosts, will be available from January 28th.
- Guerilla Games has revealed the first downloadable content for Killzone: Shadow Fall, two new multiplayer maps, which will be completely free.
- Gaming PC giants Alienware have released information about their upcoming Steam Machine, unveiling that it will be released in September, and be competitively priced with the next-gen consoles, Xbox One and PS4.
- Loadout, a free to play shooter by Edge of Reality, will be available to play on January 31st.
- Ubisoft has announced that the classic game Tetris will be coming to PS4 and Xbox One, following their new partnership with The Tetris Company.
- Octodad: Dadliest Catch will be released on PC, Mac and Linux on January 30th, and should also be available on PS4 sometime in March, according to the developer.
- EA has announced that Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare has been delayed by one week, and should now be coming out February 25th in North America, and February 27th in Europe.
- Telltale has revealed that Episode 2 of The Wolf Among Us will be available from the first week in February.
3 games have been added to the Humble Indie Bundle, pay over $5.38 (currently) to get your hands on:
- Strike Suit Zero
- Toki Tori 2+
The Humble Weekly Sale this week features games from Bohemia Interactive. Support charity and pay what you want for:
- Â ARMA: Gold Edition
- ARMA II
- ARMA Tactics
- Take On Helicopters
- UFO: Afterlight
- Alpha Prime
And pay over $6 to unlock:
- ARMA II: Operation Arrowhead
- ARMA II: DayZ Mod
- Carrier Command: Gaea Mission
Finally, the top games released this week:
- Next Car Game (Steam Early Access) (PC)
- Rust (PC)
- Assassins Creed: Liberation HD (Xbox 360, PS3, PC)