Here at The Gaming Review we know that you gamers keep a busy schedule, and donâ€™t want to spend hours searching the depths of the internet for the latest in gaming news, so weâ€™ve compiled what we think is the most important news over the last seven days, in a quick and easy to read format. Hereâ€™s the news for the 24th January 2014:
- Mobile gaming giants King have trademarked the words â€˜candyâ€™ and â€˜sagaâ€™ in terms of gaming.
- Sony has announced that they will be taking down the Playstation Network for 6 hours on Monday 27th for maintenance.
- Microsoft has revealed that they are toying with the idea of making digital games cheaper.
- Naughty Dog has said that itâ€™s doubtful we will see Uncharted 4 or The Last of Us: Game of the Year Edition in 2014.
- Titanfall developer Respawn has said their upcoming shooter will not feature microtransactions, but they have not yet decided on a season pass for DLC.
- Peter Moore, the COO of EA, has denied claims that Nintendo are â€˜deadâ€™ to Electronic Arts.
- Nintendo has confirmed that Yoshiâ€™s New Island will be available on 3DS from March 14th in North America and Europe.
- Spiders, the developer for upcoming action-RPG, Bound by Flame, has said that there are currently no plans to bring the game to Xbox One.
- Machinima reportedly offered Youtubers financial incentives for promoting the Xbox One, providing the details of the agreement were kept confidential.
- Alienware has confirmed that they will be releasing Steam Machines annually.
- Sony have announced a solution to an error found on the PS4 where save files have been corrupted, resulting in hours of lost progress for gamers.
- Nintendo had announced that they will not be releasing their top selling game, such as Mario, Zelda and Pokemon, on smartphones as it would likely have a negative impact on sales of Nintendo consoles.
The Humble Weekly Sale continues this week. Pay what you want for:
- Paranautical Activity (Steam Early Access)
- Dungeons of Dredmor Complete
- Hack, Slash, Loot
And pay over $6 for:
- The Binding of Isaac + Wrath of the Lamb DLC
- Teleglitch: Die More Edition Guns and Tunes
- Sword of the Stars: The Pit â€“ Gold Edition
Finally, the top games released this week:
- Assassinâ€™s Creed Liberation HD (PS3, Xbox 360, PC)
- Mario Party: Island Tour (3DS)
- Kickbeat (PC)