Here at The Gaming Review, we understand that you guys may be too busy to search through all of the latest gaming news, so we’ve compiled a brief list of what we think were the biggest stories from the past seven days:
- The Last of Us managed to win a total of 10 awards at this years DICE Awards in Las Vegas, including Game of the Year.
- The Last of Us 2 is being discussed by Naughty Dog according to Neil Druckmann, the writer and creative director for the original game, after speaking with Eurogamer.
- The latest update for PC survival game Rust has seen the removal of zombies, after developers Facepunch games said â€œThere are already enough ways to dieâ€. The zombies have been replaced with red bears and wolves, however it’s said these are only temporary.
- EA has announced 2014 FIFA World Cup Brazil, which will only be available on PS3 and Xbox 360 from 15th April in North America, and 17th April in Europe.
- SEGA has announced Sonic Boom, a brand new branch of the Sonic franchise which will include a new video game, toys and a CGI television series. The game will feature Sonic, Tails, Knuckles and Amy, and will act as a prequel to the TV series.
- EA has revealed that Titanfall will be delayed on the Xbox 360 until March 25th in North America, and March 28th in Europe. No reason has yet been given, but the delay will not affect the Xbox One or PC releases.
- The PC version of Titanfall will require EA’s digital gaming platform Origin in order to play, according to boss of Respawn, Vince Zampella.
- An access code will be required in order to play the Titanfall beta for Xbox One and PC, however pre-ordering the game is not necessary to gain access.
- According to Game Informer Magazine, the campaign in Metal Gear Solid 5: Ground Zeroes will be incredibly short, with players reportedly being able to complete the campaign in two hours.
- South Park: The Stick of Truth will be fully integrated with Valve’s Steam service, and will not use Ubisoft’s Uplay platform.
- Ubisoft has announced that Assassins Creed IV: Black Flag’s Freedom Cry DLC will be released as a standalone title, available to download on PS3 and PS4 from February 18th in North America and February 19th in Europe, as well as on PC globally from February 25th.
- Upcoming updates for the Xbox One will see fixes to the Party Chat system, as well as various new features added, such as a battery life indicator on screen for controllers, and USB keyboard integration. The first update will come out in February, while the second will be available in March.
- The Order: 1886 will be a single-player only title, according to developer Ready at Dawn. The developers also revealed the game would run at 1080p and 30fps.
- Sledgehammer Games are producing the Call of Duty title for 2014, Activision has revealed, after a new 3 year development cycle was announced. This means Treyarch’s next Call of Duty release will presumably be in 2015.
A new Humble Bundle has been released, and features games from Sid Meier. Pay over $1 to support charity and unlock:
- Sid Meier’s Civilization III Complete
- Sid Meier’s Civilization IV: The Complete Edition
- Sid Meier’s Ace Patrol
- Sid Meier’s Ace Patrol: Pacific Skies
- Sid Meier’s Railroads!
Pay over the average of $8.90 (at current time of writing) to receive:
- Sid Meier’s Civilization V
- Sid Meier’s Civilization V: Gods and Kings DLC
And pay over $15 to get:
- Sid Meier’s Civilization V: Brave New World DLC
The Humble Weekly Sale this week features games from Double Fine. Pay over $1 and support charity to unlock:
- Costume Quest
Pay over $6 to receive:
- Brutal Legend
And pay over $16.74 to get early access of:
- Spacebase DF-9
Finally, the top games released this week:
- Fable Anniversary (Xbox 360)
- The Wolf Among Us â€“ Episode 2: Smoke and Mirrors (XBLA, PSN, PC, Mac)
- Outlast (PS4)
- Final Fantasy VI (iOS)
- The Lego Movie Videogame (PS3, PS4, Xbox 360, Xbox One, PC)
Leave a Reply