Here at The Gaming Review we know that not everyone has the time to go trawling through the depths of the internet in order to find all the latest in gaming news, so thatâ€™s why weâ€™ve compiled a list of what we think are the most important news stories of the past 7 days:
- The incredibly popular mobile game Flappy Bird was taken down by creator Dong Nguyen, because of gamers becoming addicted, as well as the game creating problems in his own life.
- Titanfall is now officially in open beta on Xbox One, meaning anyone can now participate, even without a beta invite.
- Randy Pitchford, president of Gearbox, told Polygon that Borderlands 3 isnâ€™t currently in development, and that the studio is focusing on other titles.
- Gearbox did announce the final piece of DLC for Borderlands 2 though, called Sir Hammerlock vs. the Son of Crawmerax, which will be available from April 15th.
- Resident Evil creator Shinji Mikamiâ€™s latest creation, The Evil Within, will be released in North America on 26th August, and in Europe on 29th August.
- The developer for Rust has banned almost 5000 players in an effort to remove cheating.
- Infinity Ward has announced a series of Personalisation DLC Packs for Call of Duty: Ghosts, including a Captain Price Legend Pack, which lets you play as Captain Price. The packs will come to Xbox One and Xbox 360 on February 18th.
- Nintendo has announced that Mario Kart 8 will hit Wii U on 30th May in North America, Europe and Australia.
- Nintendo also revealed the first Game Boy Advance games coming to Wii Uâ€™s Virtual Console, which will be available in April. Metroid Fusion, Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga and Super Mario Advance 3: Yoshiâ€™s Island will all be available, however no specific release date or price has been announced.
- Punch Outâ€™s Little Mac has been confirmed as the 23rd fighter to join the roster of Super Smash Bros. Wii U and 3DS.
- Microsoft has announced that Kinect Sports Rivals will come to Xbox One on April 8th in North America, Australia and New Zealand, and to Europe on April 11th.
- AMD have unveiled a new graphics card, the Radeon R7 265. Currently thereâ€™s no UK pricing, but itâ€™s priced at $149 in North America.
- EA have announced the Second Assault DLC for Battlefield 4 will be available on PS3, PS4, Xbox 360 and PC from February 18th.
Finally, the top games released this week:
- Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy 13 (Xbox 360, PS3)
- Banished (PC)
- Ikaruga (PC)