Here at The Gaming Review we know that not everyone has the time to search for all the latest gaming news, so we’ve put together the most important stories from over the last 7 days in a quick and easy-to-read bullet point format for you busy gamers-on-the-go:
- Microsoft have hit back at rumours that the Xbox One controller won’t be compatible with PC, saying that the controller will work with PC once the drivers become available sometime this year.
- In an interview with Eurogamer, Respawn Entertainment’s Richard Baker said that Titanfall was originally meant to be a PC exclusive.
- Respawn has also announced that the issues affecting Titanfall on PC have been resolved.
- Valve has released images of a redesigned Steam Controller, which features different button arrangements and swaps the touchscreen for a home button and two menu buttons.
- Metal Gear Solid creator Hideo Kojima mentioned during a Twitch interview that he would like to see Snake in Super Smash Bros.
- Upcoming fantasy RPG Bound by Flame will be released on the 9th of May, on PS4, PS3, Xbox 360 and PC. Currently no Xbox One variant has been confirmed.
- An offline mode for EA’s SimCity may finally be arriving soon, following a tweet from the games account that reads the update is in ‘final testing’.
- Ubisoft have clarified that they wont be ending the Assassin’s Creed franchise just yet, according to an interview with IGN.
- Rovio have announced that a turn-based RPG adventure game will be the next title in the Angry Birds franchise.
- Rumours have circulated that game developers may already have the PS4 Virtual Reality headset, and that the device may officially be announced by Sony at GDC next week.
- Bethesda has recently defended the $15 monthly subscription fee for Elder Scrolls Online by stating that regular additions of new and significant content justify the price tag.
- Dong Nguyen, creator of mobile gaming hit Flappy Bird, is considering bringing the game back to mobile app stores.
This week, the Humble Weekly Sale features games from SEGA. Pay what you want and support charity to receive:
- Alpha Protocol
- Company of Heroes
- Rome: Total War
- Hell Yeah! Wrath of the Dead Rabbit
Pay $6 or more to unlock:
- The Typing of the Dead: Overkill
- Binary Domain
- Renegade Ops
- Medieval II: Total War
- 10 Classic SEGA Genesis Games
And pay over $15 for:
- Total War: SHOGUN 2
Finally, the top games released this week are:
- Titanfall (Xbox One, Xbox 360, PC)
- Dark Souls II (Xbox 360, PS4)
- Darksiders Collection (PS3, PC)
- Red Faction Collection (Xbox 360, PS3, PC)