Here at The Gaming Review, we understand that you guys may be too busy to search through all of the latest gaming news, so we’ve compiled a brief list of what we think were the biggest stories from the past seven days:
- Microsoft’s Phil Spencer has said at GDC that Microsoft have been working on virtual reality for “quite a while”.
- Nintendo have unveiled a new tech demo of Mario vs. Donkey Kong for the Wii U at GDC.
- Ubisoft have released a trailer which confirms an upcoming Assassin’s Creed game, called Assassin’s Creed Unity, which will be released on PS4, Xbox One and PC near the end of the year.
- Far Cry 4 is to be released in the first half of 2015, and will be set in the Himalayas and feature ridable elephants.
- Sony’s Andrew House has admitted that the company is struggling to keep up with the demand for the PS4.
- Microsoft has revealed its graphics API DirectX 12 at the Game Developers Conference. Developers will now have more direct control over graphics, and the changes should also translate to Xbox One titles, according to the company.
- Nvidia have announced that they are collaborating with Respawn Entertainment to make the PC version of Titanfall 4K compatible.
- Microsoft is considering putting a system in place which will reward Xbox Live users who positively contribute to the online community.
- Reports suggest that the unannounced sequel to Titanfall will be published by Electronic Arts.
- Reports have also suggested that Titanfall 2 will not be an Xbox exclusive.
- Microsoft’s director of development for Xbox, Boyd Multerer, has stated that more 1080p games will be coming to the Xbox One in the future.
- Sony have revealed their own virtual reality headset for the Playstation 4, Project Morpheus, at GDC.
- Ubisoft have revealed that, on average, Watch Dogs will take around 40 hours to complete.
This weeks Humble Weekly Sale features rhythm based games. Pay what you want and support charity for:
- BIT.TRIP RUNNER
Pay over $6 to receive:
- Beat Hazard Ultra
Finally, the top games released this week are:
- Metal Gear Solid 5: Ground Zeroes (PS4, Xbox One, PS3, Xbox 360)
- inFamous: Second Son (PS4)