Here at The Gaming Review, we know that the modern gamer is far too busy to trawl through the myriad of video game news sites to find the latest in gaming stories, so we’ve taken the biggest stories from over the past 7 days and condensed them into one simple, quick to read article:
- You will now have to pay at least $5 per month (or the equivalent if not using USD, which will be converted using the daily exchange rates by Valve automatically) in order to access all of the features available on Steam. Valve has said that the measures have been put in place in order to protect customers against spamming and phishing.
- The Workshop has also been updated on Steam, allowing for creators to earn more money from their creations through direct mod sales.
- However a Skyrim mod has already been taken down following accusations of unfair profits and stealing.
- Standalone downloadable content Wolfenstein: The Old Blood is now available for Playstation 4, Xbox One, and PC owners to pre-order.
- However in the UK, the number of pre-orders have fallen dramatically as gamer’s begin to grow more and more wary of the issues and disappointments pre-ordering can have.
- Meanwhile in the UK Sony have discounted the Playstation 4 to £299.99 to compete with Microsoft’s Xbox One price slash.
- Sony have released a small Bloodborne patch, which reduces load times by approximately 5-15 seconds, and adds item descriptions to the loading screens.
- Following the announcement of Call of Duty: Black Ops 3, it’s a double XP weekend in Black Ops II.
- Bungie has decided to now get rid of the Commendations in Destiny, telling players to burn any excess Commendations for reputation.
- Telltale Games have partnered with Marvel, which will see a series coming in 2017 to consoles and PC. No further information has been released.
- Mortal Kombat X will see a new face on the roster from May 5th, with Jason Voorhees joining the roster as a DLC character.
- Mortal Kombat creator Ed Boon also announced that every Mortal Kombat X DLC patch will include a free character costume.
- The Crew’s latest DLC, the Raid Car Pack, will grant players 3 extra cars; the McLaren F1, Volkswagen Touareg, and Cadillac Escalade. While the free update that comes at the same time adds further customisation options and extra off road missions.
- 2K Games have announced a PC version of WWE 2K15 that will be coming out within the next few weeks.
Finally, the latest games to come out this week:
- Brawl – Playstation 4
- Tropico 5 – Playstation 4
- Dungeons 2 – PC
- Shantae and the Pirate’s Curse – PC