Here at The Gaming Review, we know that the modern gamer can be far too busy to search through the archives to find the latest gaming news, so we’ve taken the biggest stories from over the past week, and condensed them into one simple article for your enjoyment:
- Konami has announced that Silent Hills has been cancelled, with P.T also being removed from the PlayStation Store.
- However a petition on Change.org is urging Hideo Kojima and Guillermo del Toro to continue working on Silent Hills, with over 60,000 people signing.
- Yooka-Laylee has surpassed its $270,000 goal on Kickstarter within just 40 minutes of going live. Playtonic, the studio set up by former Rare employees, hopes to release the spiritual successor to Banjo-Kazooie in October 2016 on PC, Linux, Mac, Playstation 4, Xbox One and Wii U.
- Yooka-Laylee not only smashed it’s own target, but has also been the fastest game ever on Kickstarter to reach the $1,000,000 mark.
- We also have insight on the main characters. Similar to Banjo-Kazooie, the pair uses their unique abilities to work together and progress through the levels. Yooka, the Lizard, can use their tongue as a grappling hook, while Laylee, the Bat, can fly for short periods and use a burst of sonar.
- Rare meanwhile, are preparing to announce their next game at this years E3.
- EA have announced that their E3 Press Conference will be held at 9pm GMT on June 15th. However they are yet to announce what they will be showcasing.
- Codemasters have entered the world of Steams’ Early Access for the first time, releasing DiRT Rally. The game features 17 cars and 36 stages currently, and costs £24.99 with an additional 10% off until Monday 4th
- Josh Holmes, head of 343, has revealed that invasion mode will not be returning in the upcoming Halo game, Halo 5: Guardians.
- BioWare have announced that the Jaws of Hakkon DLC for Dragon Age: Inquisition will be available from the 26th May for Playstation 4, Playstation 3, and Xbox 360 players.
- BioWare have also announced that a new, completely free multiplayer expansion will be coming to Dragon Age: Inquisition in the form of the Dragonslayer Update. Dragonslayer will be available from May 5th on PC, Playstation 4, Xbox One, Playstation 3 and Xbox 360.
- Dead Island 2 has been pushed back from Spring 2015 to an unconfirmed date next year, developer Deep Silver has revealed.
- A Game of the Year edition of Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor will be making its way to PC, PS4 and Xbox One on May 5th. The GOTY edition will feature all of the current DLC packs.
- Playstation 4 and PC Evolve players can now play on the Broken Hill Mine and Broken Hill Foundry maps, free of charge.
- Vavle has given the power to permanently ban ‘disruptive players’ on Steam to the game developers themselves.
- 3 million Playstation 4’s have officially been sold from the end of March, after Sony announced their lifetime sales numbers of the console
Finally, the top games to come out this week are:
- WWE: 2k15 – PC
- State of Decay: Year-One Survival Edition – Xbox 360