Here at The Gaming Review, we know that the modern gamer is probably far too busy being caught up in the whirlwind of excitement that is the Fallout 4 reveal to trawl for all the latest in gaming news, so that’s why we’ve done all the dirty work, and put the biggest news stories from over the past week in one article.
- Bethesda has officially announced Fallout 4, with an official trailer being revealed. Release date for the game is expected to be sometime this year, and will be available on Xbox One, PlayStation 4 and PC.
- The trailer for Fallout 4 also suggests the location for the game will be Boston, Massachusetts, with several landmarks of the city being visible.
- Leaked images of Turn 10’s upcoming racing sim, Forza Motorsport 6 suggest the game will feature both night-time driving, and weather effects such as rain.
- Kunos Simulazioni, the developer for Assetto Corsa, has teamed up with 505 Games in order to bring the popular PC racing sim to Xbox One and PlayStation 4 in 2016.
- Gears of War’s developer Black Tusk Studios have been renamed to The Coalition, and will continue to work on the next Gears of War project.
- It’s been leaked that Dark Souls 3 will be released on Xbox One and PlayStation 4 in 2016, with a PC version still being negotiated.
- Valve has announced that the pre-order date for their upcoming Steam Machine is October 16th, with November 10th being the official release date.
- A since removed listing on Amazon implies that Microsoft are gearing up for a new Xbox One bundle package, which features the new 1TB console, new controller with 3.5mm headset jack, and a copy of Halo: The Master Chief Collection.
- Remedy’s Quantum Break seems to have finally been given a set release date, after Xbox Canada’s website listed the game as being available between March and May 2016.
- Konami has announced that Yu-Gi-Oh! Legacy of the Duelist will be released on Xbox One and PlayStation 4 later this year.
Finally, the top games released this week are:
- Heroes of the Storm – PC, Mac
- Wander – PlayStation 4, PC