Here at The Gaming Review, we know that the modern gamer can be far too busy to search through the depths of the internet to find the latest in gaming news, so that’s why we’ve done the hard part for you, and put the biggest news stories from over the past 7 days in one article.
- Nintendo’s CEO Satoru Iwata has sadly passed away at the age of 55. A statement from Nintendo read, “President Satoru Iwata passed away on July 11, 2015 due to a bile duct growth.”
- SEGA have announced Company of Heroes 2: The British Forces, which is a new standalone pack for the popular World War 2 real-time strategy game.
- Microsoft and The Coalition have announced a Gears of War: Ultimate Edition Xbox One bundle, which will include a 500GB Xbox One, wireless controller, a digital download of the HD remake, early access to the Gears of War 4 multiplayer beta and the Superstar Cole multiplayer skin.
- The Coalition has also revealed that they could only remake the first Gears of War, due to time and resources.
- Codemasters have announced a long term partnership with the FIA in order to bring the FIA World Rallycross Championships to DiRT Rally, with new tracks and cars all being added free of charge.
- CD Projekt Red has unveiled a new patch list for The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt, which should hopefully fix a number of bugs, as well as allowing for Geralt’s movement style to be changed in the menus.
- It’s also been revealed that the first two expansions for The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt will take 10, and 20 hours respectively to complete.
- Treyarch has announced Call of Duty: Black Ops 3 Juggernog Edition, which comes with a working Juggernog mini fridge, as well as Perk-a-Cola coasters. A season pass, collectable book, concept art cards, in-game bonus Zombies map, 3 personalisation packs, DLC soundtrack and the game itself are all also included.
- Fallout Shelter has received its first update, which not only fixes a few bugs, but also adds a photo-mode, so Overseers can show the world their (un)happy dwellers.
- A new Rayman game has been revealed by Ubisoft, dubbed Rayman Adventures. Adventures is currently under development, and will be making its way to smartphones and tablets sometime in the future.
- Marvel has announced at San Diego Comi-Con that they are looking into the console games sector, stating that they will have “a lot more announcements probably next year.”
- Team 17 has revealed they are working with Skybound Entertainment to create The Escapists The Walking Dead, which melds the art style of The Escapists with the characters from The Walking Dead’s comic series. The Escapists The Walking Dead will be available on PC and Xbox One late this summer.
- Pigeon dating simulator Hatoful Boyfriend has been announced on PlayStation 4 and PlayStation Vita, and will be coming to the two consoles on July 21st.
Finally, the top game releases this week:
- Pneuma: Breath of Life – PlayStation 4
- Geometry Wars 3: Dimensions Evolved – PlayStation Vita
- Rocket League – PlayStation 4, PC
- Smite Open Beta – Xbox One
- The Red Solstice – PC