Here at The Gaming Review, we know that the modern gamer can be far too busy to search for all the latest in gaming news, which is why we’ve done the searching for you, and listed the biggest news stories from over the past week in just one article.
- Blizzard has unveiled it’s sixth expansion for its MMO World of Warcraft, named Legion, which will revolve around the invasion of the Burning Legion. The expansion will also feature new dungeons and raids, new Artifact Weapons, a raised level cap to 110, a new Honor System, and a new class, the Demon Hunter.
- Bethesda have confirmed that Fallout 4 will not have a level cap, allowing players to continue playing and levelling long after the events of the main storyline.
- American team Evil Geniuses have won the The International 5 Dota 2 championships, wining the $6.6 million grand prize.
- Valve has also announced 10 versus 10 custom games for Dota 2, coming later this week, as well as a 24 player version to be released later.
- EA Games have moved their UK release dates to correspond with the rest of Europe, meaning UK gamers no longer have to wait 1 day after their European counterparts.
- Battlefield 4 Night Operations DLC has been announced, featuring a night-time version of the Zavod 311 map, and will become available this September.
- 2K’s upcoming new shooter Battleborn is set to be released on February 9th next year.
- Square Enix has revealed at Gamescom that the Final Fantasy 7 remake will not be created using their custom Luminous Engine.
- Square Enix have also confirmed that they are currently in talks with Avalanche Studios to use tech used in the development of Just Cause 3 in Final Fantasy XV.
- Phil Spencer, the head of Xbox, has stated that Sony is currently buying third party exclusives for the PlayStation 4, and that Sony’s exclusives aren’t down to the PS4’s sales lead.
Finally, the top games released this week are:
- Rare Replay – Xbox One
- Yu-Gi-Oh: Legacy of the Duelist – Xbox One, PlayStation 4
- Submerged – Xbox One, PlayStation 4
- Ink – PC
- Etrian Odyssey Untold 2: The Fafnir Knight – 3DS