Here at The Gaming Review, we know that you’re all far too busy playing Fallout 4 to bother searching for all the latest in gaming news, so that’s why we’ve taken time out of our busy post-apocalyptic schedule to bring you all the biggest news stories from over the past 7 days.
- Final Fantasy VII’s Cloud Strife is the latest addition to the roster of Super Smash Bros. Wii U and 3DS, although no release date for the character has been announced just yet.
- Nintendo has announced that the original 3 Pokemon games, Red, Blue, and Yellow, are heading to the 3DS eShop on February 27th
- Bungie has revealed that they will be rewarding Destiny players who are able to refer a friend to the game, following the next update.
- EA are set to stick with Ronda Rousey on the cover of UFC 2, despite her first loss against Holly Holms.
- The Walking Dead star Norman Reedus, who was also set to star in the cancelled Silent Hills, says a collaboration between Hideo Kojima and Guillermo Del Toro “needs to happen.”
- Microsoft has revealed details on how backwards compatibility on the Xbox One will work in regards to DLC, stating that previously owned DLC will be available to players, however DLC can not be downloaded via the store on Xbox One.
- 2K has unveiled a new collectors edition of Borderlands: The Handsome Collection, dubbed The Gentleman Claptrap in a Box Edition, which is similar to the original except for the RC Claptrap unit wearing a tuxedo and top hat. Very dapper indeed. The new edition can be yours for £270 from November 27th.
Finally, the top games released this week are:
- Call of Duty: Black Ops III – Xbox One, PS4, PC
- Fallout 4 – Xbox One, PS4, PC
- Rise of the Tomb Raider – Xbox One, Xbox 360
- Starcraft II: Legacy of the Void – PC, Mac