It’s a new year, and that means a new year of gaming news. Here at The Gaming Review, we know that not everyone has the time to search through everything the internet has to offer for the best bits of gaming news, so we’ve done exactly that for you, and put the biggest stories of the past 7 days in one place:
- Adult Swim Digital has announced Pocket Morty’s, a spin-off of their popular TV show Rick and Morty. The mobile game, which appears to be a Pokémon styled game in which you battle with a variety of Morty’s, will be available from January 14th according to the companies Twitter.
- Avalanche Studious has revealed the first of Just Cause 3’s expansions, Sky Fortress, is nearing completion.
- Homefront: The Revolution could be hitting stores on May 17th in the US, after American retailer Target leaked the potential release date.
- American retailers have also potentially leaked Mafia 3’s release date, as both Best Buy and GameStop have 2K’s open-world action game down to release on April 26th.
- Meanwhile Square Enix has announced that Rise of the Tomb Raider will be coming to PC on January 28, following the games Xbox One and 360 release in November 2015.
- Another blow for anyone still waiting for Half-Life 3, as Marc Laidlaw, writer for Half-Life 1 and 2, has departed from Valve.
- Majesco has announced A Boy and his Blob will be coming to PlayStation 4, Xbox One and PC as of January 19th.
- Oculus VR has revealed the Oculus Rift will begin shipping out on March 28th, with space-based first-person game Adr1ft also being released on Oculus Rift VR the same day.
- EA has announced that competitive matchmaking will be coming to Battlefield: Hardline.
- Square Enix has announced that Final Fantasy 9 will be coming to Steam ‘soon’.
- Psychonauts 2 has hit its crowd-funding goal of $3.3 million.
Finally, the top games out this week are:
- Amplitude – PlayStation 4
- Volume – PlayStation Vita
- Avoider – Wii U
- My Pets – 3DS