Fans of the apolocolypse rejoice! Sheltered, a new game from a brand-spanking new independent studio Unicube based in the UK, will be available to download for Xbox One, PS4, PC, Mac and Linux on the 15th March.
After a global apocalypse, a frightened family find their way to a deserted shelter, where they try to survive. You take on the role of protecting four family members. Their wellbeing and survival is your responsibility. One mistake, one bad decision and a loved one is gone, forever. Sheltered is a world where death is permanent.
Combat claustrophobia, radiation and mental exhaustion as you try to turn the cold and cramped shelter into a home. And as they cling desperately to life, you must send family members from the scant protection of the shelter, outside into the dangerous, desolate wasteland to scavenge for vital supplies. You’ll come across abandoned towns, roaming factions and feral beasts.
How you handle the many moral choices you’ll encounter could be the difference between the family surviving or dying.
• Family comes first: Keep your family alive and protect them from the ravages of the harsh post-apocalyptic world
• Pets: Your pet is family too. Choose between the dog, cat, fish, snake or horse
• Make the shelter a home: Maintain your shelter – keep it secure, habitable and make sure that the family have enough resources to survive. Protect your shelter from hazards and infiltration!
• Crafting system: Create comforts for your family’s shelter and weapons for combat
• Customisation: Your family is unique to you; you decide their gender, names and their appearance
• Exploration: Send out your family to explore and gather resources for everyday living and crafting
• Recruitment system: Recruit outsiders with different personalities, integrate them into your shelter life and earn their loyalty
• RPG mechanics: As your family develop, their stats will adapt with an evolving experience and trauma system. Attributes, strengths and weaknesses will dynamically change based on your choices
• Dynamic encounter system: Your family will encounter various threats including roaming factions and feral beasts
• Turn-based combat: For those that cannot be reasoned with, violence can be used as a last resort. Your family may depend on it
• Vehicles: Make exploration quicker and safer
• Bloodlines: Extend your family lineage