We really enjoyed Metro: Last Light when we reviewed it a short while back, so we were really chuffed to hear that the first round of DLC is arriving next week across all platforms. If you missed it you can find our review right here, but meanwhile here’s all the info you need, as well as a few screenshots for your troubles.
The ‘Faction Pack’ is set for worldwide release on Steam and XBL on July 16th, and will hit the PSN on July 16th in North America and July 17th in Europe and the rest of the world.
The ‘Faction Pack’ includes three original single player missions, each casting the player as a different specialist from the warring Factions. Returning to some classic locations from Metro 2033, these missions feature new weapons, the return of a truly terrifying mutant foe, and offer three distinct gameplay challenges…
· As a Special Detachment Sniper of the Redline, players must infiltrate a heavily guarded Reich Outpost at night, under the cover of a deadly radioactive storm…
· … before defending the front line as a Reich ‘Heavy’, armed with some of the most devastating weaponry found in the Metro.
· Lastly, players take the role of a Polis Ranger in training, tasked with exploring the vast Library complex for artifacts and relics. Salvage can be exchanged for ammunition, filters and hazard suits allowing ever deeper exploration into the Library. Rangers are advised to light torches and leave a trail of lights so they can find their way back to the base before their precious oxygen runs out…
The Faction Pack will cost just $4.99 / £3.99 / €4.99 / 400 MSP, and is the first of four DLC packs to be included in the Metro: Last Light Season Pass, which at $14.99 / £11.99 / €14.99 / 1200 MSP offers a discount over buying the packs separately, and also includes an additional exclusive weapon, the Abzats.
Deep Silver also revealed additional details on the content of the future DLC packs.
· The ‘Tower Pack’ presents a unique experience for seasoned Metro gunslingers – a challenge based game mode, with online Leaderboard support, as players fight their way up the combat simulator known as The Tower
· The ‘Developer Pack’ boasts a fully stocked Shooting Gallery, the AI Arena and Metro Museum… And a bonus solo mission – The Spiders’ Nest – offers some new tools for dealing with an infestation of the skittering Spider mutants
· Lastly the Chronicles Pack will feature original single player missions that cast the player as three of the game’s standout characters – Pavel, Khan and Anna – and explore their side-stories away from Artyom’s adventure