Here at The Gaming Review we know that you gamers keep a busy schedule, and donâ€™t want to spend hours searching the depths of the internet for the latest in gaming news, so weâ€™ve compiled what we think is the most important news over the last seven days, in a quick and easy to read format:
- Ubisoft has assured PC gamers that The Division on PC wont be a console port, but instead will be optimized for the platform.
- Dark Souls 2 DLC is â€˜not really being consideredâ€™ according to developer Takeshi Miyazoe.
- Max: The Curse of the Brotherhood, sequel to Press Playâ€™s Max & the Magic Marker, will be available on Xbox One from December 20th.
- Capcom have announced that the DLC for Dead Rising 3, titled Operation Broken Eagle, will be released on January 21st after being delayed. The DLC will feature a new story mission, five new weapons, one combo weapon, vehicle, and clothing outfit.
- Tomb Raider: Definitive Edition for the PS4 and Xbox One will be more than just a simple facelift.
- A new Grand Theft Auto 5 patch has fixed the North Yankton glitch, in which players could visit the prologue area in the multiplayer.
- GTA V has also received a free update which adds capture the flag game modes to online.
- Microsoft has announced free and paid DLC for Ryse: Son of Rome. The free update will add two new events in Gladiator mode. The Colosseum pack, free with the Season Pass, is $3.99 (probably Â£3.49 in the UK) and includes two new arenas and skins.
- Dr. Luigi will be heading to the Wii U eShop on December 31st in North America, and January 15th 2014 in Europe.
- Nintendo has announced Hyrule Warriors, a new project combining Zelda and Dynasty Warriors by Tecmo Koei, which will be heading to the Wii U in 2014.
- Samsung has launched a gamepad, which will be compatible with Android phones, and will sync with the android device wirelessly via Bluetooth.
- Just Cause 2 multiplayer mod, titled JC2-MP, is now available on Steam and allows players to cause havoc with hundreds of others across Panau.
- Batman: Arkham Origins has received a new multiplayer mode on PS3, Xbox 360 and PC called â€˜Hunter, Huntedâ€™ which seeâ€™s 3 Bane thugs, 3 Joker thugs and 1 Batman duke it out in an arena.
- Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD Remaster will be available on PS3 and Vita on March 18th in North America, and March 21st in Europe.
- Forza 5 developer Turn 10 have responded to negativity from fans about there being less tracks in Forza 5 compared to Forza 4 by saying that they â€˜rebuilt the game from scratchâ€™ and theyâ€™re â€˜not going to port over garbageâ€™
- Turn 10 have also said that adding night racing and weather are not minor things, and would take time.
- Rosalina and Luma have been added to the character roster for Super Smash Bros. for Wii U and 3DS.
- Ubisoft has announced that Watch Dogsâ€™ engine was originally built for a driving based game, possibly in the Driver franchise.
The Humble Bundle this time features game for PC and Android. Pay what you want for:
- Little Inferno
- Gemini Rue
- AaaaaAAaaaAAAaaAAAAaAAAAA!!! for the Awesome
- Jack Lumber
And pay over the average of $4.17 (at the time of writing) and receive:
- Hero Academy
- Anomaly 2
Finally, the top games released this week are:
- The Walking Dead: Season 2 Episode 1 (PC, Mac, PS3, Xbox 360, iOS, Vita, Ouya)
- DayZ (Standalone) (PC)
- Max: The Curse of Brotherhood (Xbox One)