Here at The Gaming Review, we know that not everyone has the time to search for all of the latest gaming news, so we’ve put together a brief run-down of what’s happened over the past seven days:
- Sales of the PSVita have increased in the UK by 163%, with remote play being one of the biggest reasons for purchases.
- Sony has also announced that the PS Vita Slim will be available in Britain from February 7th, for Â£180. The new slim Vita will come with Wifi capabilities and a 1GB internal memory card, as well as weigh 15% lighter than its predecessor.
- Sony also revealed that the launch of the Playstation 4 has cause the number of Playstation Plus subscribers to triple.
- Microsoft has purchased the rights to the popular Gears of War franchise from Epic Games, and has handed the development of future games over to Black Tusk Studios.
- Satoru Iwata, president of Nintendo, is set to take a 50% pay cut following the companies recent profits loss, with Nintendo’s profits down 30% from last year.
- The Pokemon Lucario has been revealed as the 22nd playable character for the upcoming Super Smash Bros. for Wii U and 3DS.
- Microsoft has revealed new DLC for Forza Motorsport 5, called the Smoking Tire DLC, which will be available on February 4th.
- Warner Bros. has confirmed that there will no longer be any story DLC for Batman: Arkham Origins on Wii U, stating there is not enough demand for it on the platform.
- Nordic retailer Elgiganten is supposedly set to begin taking pre-orders for PC versions of Grand Theft Auto 5, despite Rockstar not yet announcing a PC variant.
- It has been announced that Tropico 5 will be coming to Playstation 4, and for the first time will feature multiplayer. No release date has been announced yet, but expect to see Tropico 5 out later this year.
- Nintendo have revealed that Mario Kart 8 will be released some time this May.
- French retailer Micromania has put up posters in-store suggesting that there will be a Titanfall Beta starting on the 14th February.
- Capcom has announced that the hugely successful Japanese hit Monster Hunter 4 will be released worldwide on 3DS in 2015.
The Humble Weekly Sale this week features games from Codemasters. Pay as much as you want and support charity to receive:
- Overlord: Raising Hell DLC
- Operation Flashpoint: Red River
- Operation Flashpoint: Dragon Rising
- Rise of the Argonauts
And pay over $6 to receive:
- DiRT 3
- DiRT Showdown
- Overlord II
Finally, the top games released this week are:
- Broken Age (PC)
- Octodad: Dadliest Catch (PC)
- Tomb Raider: Definitive Collection (Xbox One, PS4)
- Tomb Raider: Game of the Year Edition (Xbox 360, PS3)