Here at The Gaming Review we know that the modern gamer can sometimes be far too busy to search for all the latest in gaming news, so that’s why we’ve done all the searching for you, and compiled a list of all the biggest news stories in one article.
- Bethesda has accepted a payment of over 2,000 bottle caps from a dedicated fan in order to pre-order Fallout 4.
- In an interview with GamesRadar this week, Bethesda explained that protagonists will be fully voiced in Fallout 4, in order to improve the story and add emotional depth.
- Bethesda have also revealed that large phones, such as the iPhone 6+, will not be able to fit inside their Fallout 4 Collector’s Edition Pip-Boy.
- Warner Bros. and Rocksteady have suspended sales of the PC version of Batman: Arkham Knight, following mass complaints that the PC port was riddled with issues
- A special edition Xbox One and Forza Motorsport 6 bundle has been announced, which will feature a blue Xbox One, which makes racing sound effects, with a 1TB hard drive and a digital copy of the game. The special edition will be available in Europe on September 18th.
- Project CARS developer Slightly Mad Studios has recently come under fire after already announcing Project CARS 2. Gamers are worried that this will detract from content being put into the original game. Project CARS 2 will be funded via the same crowd-funding platform used for the first game, and will be coming out on PS4, Xbox One, PC and Steam-OS.
- Nintendo has announced that their Wii U exclusive third-person shooter Splatoon has sold over 1 million copies worldwide.
- Meanwhile Nintendo have also revealed that Super Mario Maker will offer 100 pre-existing courses with the game from launch, prior to any additional downloads.
- Apple have recently pulled all games from their app store featuring the Confederate flag in the games logo amidst fears of racism. This includes a variety of American Civil War games, such as Ultimate General: Gettysburg and Civil War: 1864.
- Tony Hawk’s Pro Skater 5 will feature 20-player multiplayer, but only for Xbox One and PlayStation 4, as last gen variants will have no online multiplayer options whatsoever.
- The Shenmue 3 Kickstarter campaign now has even more stretch goals, with goals rising all the way up to $11 million.
Finally, the top games releases this week are:
- Batman: Arkham Knight – PlayStation 4, Xbox One, PC
- Her Story – PC, Mac, iOS
- Samurai Warriors Chronicles 3 – 3DS, PlayStation Vita