Here at The Gaming Review, we know that not everyone has the time to search for all the latest news in the world of gaming, so we’ve done the hard graft for you, and put all the biggest stories of the past week in one quick and easy to read segment:
- Warner Bros. have announced that Batman: Arkham Knight will be re-released on PC on October 28th.
- PayDay 2 producer Amir Listo recently defended the decision to include microtransactions in the game during an AMA on Reddit, stating “We want to do everything we can to make PayDay 2 as awesome as possible…”
- Bethesda has confirmed that gamers can preload Fallout 4, meaning they can download the game prior to release, and play it the second it becomes available.
- Head of Xbox Phil Spencer has revealed that the Xbox One Experience and backwards compatibility of Xbox 360 games will become available from November 12th.
- 343 Industries franchise director Frank O’Connor has explained that there’s no plan to bring Halo 5: Guardians to PC at this time, after previously saying ‘there’s a chance.’
- Microsoft and ESL have announced a Gears of War eSports League, with 8 teams battling for a $50,000 prize starting on October 29th.
- Night School Studio’s upcoming supernatural adventure game Oxenfree will be coming to Xbox One and PC in January 2016.
- Following the Heart of Thorns expansion, Guild Wars 2 has surpassed the 7 million players milestone.
Finally, the top games released this week are:
- Tales from the Borderlands Episode 5 – The Vault of the Traveller (PS4, PS3, PC, Mac, Xbox One, Xbox 360)
- Fatal Frame: Maiden of Black Water (Wii U)
- Assassin’s Creed Syndicate (Xbox One, PS4)
- The Legend of Zelda: Tri Force Heroes (3DS)
- Warhammer: End Times – Vermintide (PC)
- Darksiders II: Deathinitive Edition (Xbox One, PS4)
- Divinity: Original Sin Enhanced Edition (PS4, Xbox One)
- Halo 5: Guardians (Xbox One)
- WWE 2K16 (Xbox One, Xbox 360, PS4, PS3)